js

Monday, September 2, 2024

English Grammar: Narration practice

Q. Change the forms of narration of the following.

1. The man said to me, 'Are you a regular student?'
Answer: The man asked me if I was a regular student.

2. I replied that I was not.
Answer: I replied, "I am not."

3. He said to me, 'Where is your book?'
Answer: He asked me where my book was.

4. I replied that I had lost that.
Answer: I replied, "I have lost it."

5. He said to me, 'I know you.'
Answer: He told me that he knew me.

6. He asked me if I could help him.
Answer: He said to me, "Can you help me?"

7. He said, 'I shall post the letter tomorrow.'
Answer: He said that he would post the letter the next day.

8. The boy asked me if I knew him.
Answer: The boy said to me, "Do you know me?"

9. 'I made some money yesterday,' said Anil.
Answer: Anil said that he had made some money the previous day.

10. Raju told me that he would meet me the next day.
Answer: Raju said to me, "I will meet you tomorrow."

11. Anita said to Ravi, 'Please lend me your book.'
Answer: Anita requested Ravi to lend her his book.

12. The boy told me that his father would meet me soon.
Answer: The boy said to me, "My father will meet you soon."

13. He said to me, 'Lend me your book for today.'
Answer: He asked me to lend him my book for that day.

14. He said to me, 'You will be tired before you arrive.'
Answer: He told me that I would be tired before I arrived.

15. Ram asked me if I had a car.
Answer: Ram asked me, "Do you have a car?".

16. The old man wished that I might be happy.
Answer: The old man said, "I wish you might be happy."

17. He said to me, 'When did you buy this book?'
Answer: He asked me when I had bought that book.

18. I said, 'I bought it yesterday.'
Answer: I said that I had bought it the previous day.

19. The old man prayed that God might help me.
Answer: The old man prayed, "May God help you."

20. Ravi thanked me for my help.
Answer: Ravi said, "Thank you for your help."

21. Mohan said to Hari, 'Can I borrow a hundred rupees from you?'
Answer: Mohan asked Hari if he could borrow a hundred rupees from him.

22. Hari replied that he had no money to lend him.
Answer: Hari said, "I have no money to lend you."

23. 'Can you ride a bicycle?' I asked Gita.
Answer: I asked Gita if she could ride a bicycle.

24. The teacher said, 'The earth is round.'
Answer: The teacher said that the earth is round.

25. The teacher said to me, 'Don't neglect your studies.'
Answer: The teacher advised me not to neglect my studies.

26. The doctor said to her, 'Can you buy the medicines?'
Answer: The doctor asked her if she could buy the medicines.

27 The Headmaster asked me who I was.
Answer: The Headmaster said to me, "Who are you?"

28. He told his wife that he might be late.
Answer: He told his wife, "I might be late."

29. 'I made some money yesterday,' he said to Hari.
Answer: He told Hari that he had made some money the previous day.

30. Mohan said that he goes for a walk every morning.
Answer: Mohan said, "I go for a walk every morning."

31. The boy said, 'Sir, please explain the poem once more.'
Answer: The boy requested the teacher to explain the poem once more.

32. The teacher said, 'I shall do this tomorrow.'
Answer: The teacher said that he would do that the next day.

33. He said to them, 'Goodbye, my friends!'
Answer: He bid them goodbye, his friends.

34. I said to her, "Do you want my help?"
Answer: I asked her if she wanted my help.

35. The teacher said, 'Honesty is the best policy.'
Answer: The teacher said that honesty is the best policy.

36. Anita said, 'I do not know the boy.'
Answer: Anita said that she did not know the boy.

37. The lady said to the man, 'I don't know you.'
Answer: The lady told the man that she did not know him.

38. She asked him to keep quiet.
Answer: She said to him, "Keep quiet."

39. The lady said to me, 'I will tell you my story.'
Answer: The lady told me that she would tell me her story.

40. I told her that I had no time for that.
Answer: I said to her, "I have no time for that."

41. The mechanic said, 'I will repair your car tomorrow.'
Answer: The mechanic said that he would repair my car the next day.

42. The teacher enquired of the pupil if he had done his homework.
Answer: The teacher asked the pupil, "Have you done your homework?"

43. He said, 'Honesty is the best policy.'
Answer: He said that honesty is the best policy.

44. He said that he takes bath in the Brahmaputra every morning.
Answer: He said, "I take a bath in the Brahmaputra every morning."

45. She said, "The water is boiling."
Answer: She said that the water was boiling.

46. Meera said that her mother had been suffering from fever.
Answer: Meera said, "My mother has been suffering from fever."

47. He told her not to disturb him.
Answer: He said to her, "Don't disturb me."

48. Mother said to me, 'Don't tell a lie.'
Answer: Mother advised me not to tell a lie.

49. 'What a beautiful building!' he said.
Answer: He exclaimed that it was a beautiful building.

50. She proposed that we should go for a walk.
Answer: She said, "Let’s go for a walk."

51. "Can you drive a car?" I said to Rahim.
Answer: I asked Rahim if he could drive a car.

52. The stranger asked me if I could tell him the way to the post office.
Answer: The stranger asked me, "Can you tell me the way to the post office?"

53. Anita said, "I do not know the boy."
Answer: Anita said that she did not know the boy.

54. Rahim said that his mother had been suffering from fever.
Answer: Rahim said, "My mother has been suffering from fever."

55. Rahim said to me, "Do you know the man standing at the gate?"
Answer: Rahim asked me if I knew the man standing at the gate.

56. The young man told me that he had come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.
Answer: The young man said to me, "I have come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati."

57. She asked me why the teacher had punished me.
Answer: She asked me, "Why did the teacher punish you?"

58. Anita said to Ravi, "Please lend me your pen."
Answer: Anita requested Ravi to lend her his pen.

59. Rashid asked me if I knew Rahim.
Answer: Rashid asked me, "Do you know Rahim?"

60. Mother said to me, "What will you do after the examination?"
Answer: Mother asked me what I would do after the examination.

61. The stranger said to Ramen, "How can I go to the station?"
Answer: The stranger asked Ramen how he could go to the station.

62. Ramen answered that he (the stranger) might hire a taxi cab that would take him to the station.
Answer: Ramen said, "You might hire a taxi cab that will take you to the station."

63. Mitali asked me if I had a pen to spare.
Answer: Mitali said to me, "Do you have a pen to spare?"

64. Mother said to Rafique, "Do not keep evil company in your life."
Answer: Mother advised Rafique not to keep evil company in his life.

65. He said, ‘I can do it.’
Answer: He said that he could do it.

66. Rina asked him politely not to go home then.
Answer: Rina said to him politely, "Please do not go home now."

67. The teacher said, "Today we will learn a poem."
Answer: The teacher said that they would learn a poem that day.

68. Father told me not to waste my time.
Answer: Father said to me, "Do not waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment